Kids Cooking Class Waiver
Waiver Kids Cooking Camps
Our goal at Well Fed Food Ltd is to provide our students with a general foundation regarding healthy eating & food preparation within a fun, safe and enjoyable setting. Your child will be learning in a professional environment with professional equipment such as knives and peelers. Use of this equipment is monitored at all times and proper safety methods are taught without fail.
After reviewing the following policies, please complete, and date and submit the attached release form prior to the first session in which your child will be participating.
No class registration will be considered complete and/or final, nor will any child be allowed to participate in children’s classes, workshops, and other events at Well Fed Food Ltd prior to receipt of the completed release form.
Please understand that Well Fed Food Ltd makes no exceptions to the following conditions:
- Only a parent or legally recognized guardian may register a child for children’s classes, workshops, or other events.
- Participation in children’s classes, workshops, and other events is solely at the risk and liability of the parent or legal guardian enrolling the child.
- Due to the potentially dangerous nature of our equipment and tools, it is the responsibility of the registering parent or guardian to ensure child’s skill level is consistent with the class being offered. Well Fed Food Ltd and its employees cannot accept liability for any injury or damages that you or your child may suffer related to premises of Well Fed Food Ltd or participation in activities sponsored by Well Fed Food Ltd.
- Every effort will be made by Well Fed Food Ltd and its employees to ensure the safety of your child while participating in a program being run by Well Fed Food Ltd. Please contact us with any questions or concerns about our classes.
If an emergency or illness occurs while your child is on the premises of Well Fed Food Ltd and staff consider the situation to be life threatening or otherwise potentially hazardous to your child, your child’s health, other children or any property, staff may escort the child from the premises of the building. Staff may at that time request any personal, governmental or professional assistance that is deemed necessary to protect the welfare of the child.
- Well Fed Food Ltd staff will not administer any medication to any child. If the child has a pre-existing condition requiring or a need for prescribed medication, please ensure that the parent or guardian is able to satisfy these needs either prior to or after the day’s session.
- For the welfare and benefit of everyone, if your child is sick on a class day, please keep him or her home for the day and notify Well Fed Food Ltd prior to the start of the class session.
Please make arrangements to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of class, and to retrieve your child no later than the scheduled end of class.
- Any personal belongings of the enrolled child or the parent/guardian that enters the premises of Well Fed Food Ltd remain the sole responsibility of the child, parent, or guardian. Well Fed Food Ltd shall not be responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property or belongings.
- Please note that Well Fed may use pictures taken in class to be used for marketing purposes.
Emergency Release and Acknowledgement
I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the conditions stated in the Well Fed Food Ltd Children’s Class Policies document. I understand that my child is enrolled in classes at Well Fed Food Ltd at my own risk and liability. I agree that no claims of any kind or nature will be brought against Well Fed Food Ltd, or its employees as a result of injuries, illness, expenses or damages that I or my child may suffer while on the premises of Well Fed Food Ltd. whether such claims are known, unknown or arise in the future. I expressly agree that this release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the Province of British Columbia and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.